The 3rd New York Independent Artillery Battery served as members of Tompkins’ Brigade in the Sixth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The battery is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: July 3, 1888.
Location: Taneytown Road, south of cemetery wall. It indicates the position to which the 3rd New York Independent Battery was ordered on July 3, 1863.
Description: Smooth and rough-hewn marker includes a State Seal in relief on the front face and the Greek Cross insignia of the Corps on the front and back. Other relief items include cannonballs and sponge and rammer.