The 1st New Jersey Artillery – Battery B served as members of Randolph’s Brigade in the Third Corps of the Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument at Gettysburg and a tablet at Gettysburg.
Dedicated: June 30, 1888.
Location: Sickles Avenue, Excelsior Field off the Wheatfield Road. The monument marks the position of Clark’s Battery on July 2, 1863.
Description: Granite monument with sculpted reliefs of napoleon tubes and sponge and rammers. The granite monument has a tapered top decorated with stars and is topped by a granite ball. Monument is a three foot square polished and smooth granite shaft topped with a conical cap and granite ball and set on a 5.2 foot square smooth base. The shaft contains incised inscriptions and sculptured half reliefs of napoleon tubes, sponge and rammers.