The 12th New Jersey Infantry served as members of Smyth’s Brigade in Hays’ Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and a position marker at the Bliss Barn.
Location: The marker is located at the Bliss buildings site, west of the Emmitsburg Road.
Description: Erected in 1888. The barn was burned and no longer stands. Denotes the regiment’s fight at the Bliss farm. Position marker is 3.1×1.2 foot and six foot high of polished granite.