The 1st Minnesota Infantry Regiment served as members of Harrow’s Brigade in Gibbon’s Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument, a memorial urn, and a secondary monument.
Location: Located on the west side of Hancock Avenue south of the Copse of Trees.
Description: The second monument is located where the 1st Minnesota defended against Pickett’s Charge on July 3, 1863. Monument is a two-part granite shaft of which the lower part is columned and the upper part is obelisk and set on a three-part 6.5 foot square stepped base. The third tier of the base has a bronze inscription tablet on the front. The lower shaft section has a bronze tablet between the columns and the upper shaft part has a Second Corps trefoil seal and bronze medallion on the obelisk.