The 12th New Hampshire Infantry Regiment served as members of Carr’s Brigade in Humphrey’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 28, 1888.
Location: Emmitsburg Road north of the Klingel farm house. The monument is installed on the line held by New Hampshire soldiers on July 2, 1863.
Description: A rectangular granite monument adorned at the top with two scrolls and a carving of a soldier’s blanket roll. The ends of the monument are adorned with the Third Corps diamond symbol. Monument is a 5.2×3.3 foot smooth granite shaft with a sarcophagus-like form and set on a 6.10×5 foot rough hewn base. Raised-letter inscriptions are located in the shaft and base. Overall height is nine feet. Flanking markers are one foot square with slant faces that have raised polished inscriptions.