The 9th Michigan Artillery Battery served as members of Robertson’s Brigade of the Army of the Potomac’s Cavalry Corps. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Installed before Nov. 27, 1888. Dedicated June 12, 1889.
Location: Located on the west side of Hancock Avenue. It indicates the position held by Daniel’s Battery on July 3, 1863.
Description: Rectangular vertical marker has rough-hewn edges and is tapered at the top. On the front face is a relief of a wagon wheel, uniform cap and crossed rammers. A polished artillery insignia appears at the top and a State Seal in bronze in installed at the bottom. Monument is a two-part granite shaft set on a 6.11×5 foot base that has incised inscriptions and a bronze medallion. The lower part of the shaft has incised inscription and the upper part has a bas-relief obverse with incised inscription on the reverse. Flanking markers are one foot square.