The 7th Michigan Infantry Regiment served as members of Hall’s Brigade in Gibbon’s Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Installed 1888. Dedicated June 12, 1889.
Location: East of Hancock Avenue south of the Copse of Trees. It marks the position held by the 7th Michigan Infantry on July 2 & 3, 1863.
Description: Pedestal with cross-gable cap stands on a tiered, rough-hewn base. Relief elements include a trefoil II Corps insignia, assorted infantry items and crossed rifles. The Seal of the State of Michigan is affixed to the lower front face. Flanking markers are one foot square.