The 16th Michigan Infantry Regiment served as members of Vincent’s Brigade in Barnes’ Division of the Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: June 12, 1889.
Location: Located on Vincent’s Spur on the southern slope of the hill. It marks the position held by the 16th regiment on July 2, 1863.
Description: A rectangular granite block monument decorated on front with musket, Maltese cross, bronze State Seal and Shield. The monument is set atop a two-tiered pedestal on boulder. Incised inscriptions are on the east and west with a bronze state seal on the east. Flanking markers are apex topped, one foot square.