The 18th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment served as members of Tilton’s Brigade in Barnes’ Division of the Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Oct. 8, 1885.
Location: The Loop, east side of Sickles Avenue, off Wheatfield Road
Description: Monument with apex cap stands on a tiered, rough-hewn base. Reliefs of the Corps insignia, the Maltese Cross, are affixed to the narrow faces which separate the four sides of the die. Four stacked muskets, standing upright, adorn the rear face of the die. Flank markers, 1’6″x8″x2′, gable top.