The 1st Massachusetts Infantry served as members of Carr’s Brigade in Humphreys’ Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and a position marker.
Location: Fields west of Emmitsburg Road, north east of Rogers Farm site.
Description: Denotes the flank right of the 1st Massachusetts Infantry’s skirmish line. The left of the skirmish line rested on the Spangler Farm lane. It is inscribed with a diamond, symbol of the Third Army Corps. The monolith, with an inscription on the face, was erected in 1913.