The 16th Maine Infantry served as members of Paul’s Brigade in Robinson’s Division of the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and a position marker.
Dedicated Oct. 3, 1889.
Location: Oak Ridge, west side of Doubleday Avenue. Monument indicates the first position held by the 16th Maine Infantry on July 1, 1863.
Description: Obelisk stands on low square base. There are reliefs on three sides, including a state coat of arms, draped flags, state seal, and corps insignia within an oak and laurel wreath.