The 7th Maine Infantry served as members of Neill’s Brigade in Wright’s Division of the Sixth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated Oct. 3, 1889.
Location: Neill Avenue at Wolf Hill. Monument indicates the position held by the 7th Maine Infantry on July 3, 1863 while in reserve.
Description: National shield leans against a natural boulder. There are two horizontal rows of stars in relief along the top, and thirteen vertical stripes, alternately recessed and in relief. The Corps insignia of the Greek cross adorns the front. The piece stands on a tiered base. Overall height is 9 feet. Lt. Col. Connor designed the regimental monument.