The 14th Indiana Infantry served as members of Carroll’s Brigade in Hays’ Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and two position markers.
Dedicated Oct. 28, 1885.
Location: Wainwright Avenue at the base of East Cemetery Hill.
Description: Small stone position marker denotes the left flank of the 14th Indiana during the battle for Cemetery Hill. The marker consists of limestone and is badly faded.
It is inscribed: Left flank of 14th Ind. from 8 p.m. July 2nd to close of battle. 7th Virginia on the left.