The 14th Connecticut served as members of Smyth’s Brigade in Hays’ Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments at Gettysburg, a main monument along North Hancock Avenue and a secondary monument at the Bliss Barn.
Location: Bliss Farm Site. Accessible via West Confederate Avenue, North Hancock Avenue, or the Emmitsburg Road.
Description: Denotes the regiment’s fight at the Bliss Barn site on July 3, 1863.